Cable techs have been troubleshooting customer issues in the field pretty much the same way ever since color TV was the latest fad. You hop in a truck, drive to the customer’s home, break out some bulky equipment, connect to the coax, check the readings, and then repeat as needed. That’s so 1960s.
Most everything is cordless these days, right? Why not meters? Well, we’ve got something even better. With RF Inspector you don’t have to lug and connect a meter or any other proprietary equipment to do full spectrum analysis at a customer’s home. In fact, you don’t even need to be there. You can view the full spectrum levels on a tablet anywhere you have Internet access. Best of all, the RF Inspector app is only $9.95 per year, and the server-side software license is only $1,495 per year for unlimited RF Inspector clients. And, if you’re an NCTC member company, you can get the server component for FREE. Just click here and log in.
RF Inspector uses a DOCSIS-standard feature in newer cable modems and set-top boxes that allows for full spectrum capture. That means spectrum details for all digital channels. Yes, that means all data and video channels right there on your tablet. Plus, you can easily overlay and compare the readings from two different homes right on the same screen. Try doing that with a meter.
Our RF Inspector server-side administration software resides in your facility, where it securely communicates with the compatible CPE on your network. You control who can view the spectrum data via the RF Inspector app. In short, RF Inspector is like having a spectrum analyzer right at the customer’s location that you can instantly connect to wherever you are.
You’ll be able to see issues like:
- Excessive tilt
- Spectrum suck outs
- Overdriven channels
- RF notches
- Standing waves
- Resonant peaking
- Ingress and other interference
Think about the test equipment you won’t need to buy. Think about the trucks you won’t need to roll. What would that mean to your bottom line? Not to mention increased productivity from your staff, faster repairs in the field and less hassle for your customers.
Have I got your attention? Ready to ditch your meter for RF Inspector? Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Google Play store and download the RF Inspector app
- Download the RF Inspector Server-side Admin Software and installation guide
- NCTC member companies can get the Admin Software for FREE. Log in to your NCTC account and download the software and install guide. Click Vendor Resources, then select ZCorum. The download is posted under the heading “RF Inspector”.
- If you’re not an NCTC member, complete the form on the left and we’ll contact you.
- Install the Admin Software
- In the Admin Software create an account for each person who will use the RF Inspector App
- Users will login to the RF Inspector App with their new credentials and purchase an annual subscription ($9.95)
- If you need support for RF Inspector you can send an email, or go to our support forum.