Westfield Gas and Electric Pitches Broadband Project

YOU ARE HERE:://Westfield Gas and Electric Pitches Broadband Project

Westfield Gas and Electric Pitches Broadband Project

westfield gas and electric gray backgroundCan Westfield Gas & Electric do broadband for the hilltowns the way it has for parts of Westfield?

In 2015, the municipal utility, doing business as Whip City Fiber, offered to build a fiber optic network to a pilot group of about 240 homes and businesses in Westfield. Then recently, the city approved a $15 million bond that will enable Whip City Fiber to expand its “fiber hood” to reach another 12,000 homes — or about 70 percent of the city — over the next two years. (The remaining 30 percent of homes are with Comcast.)

“We are the game-changer here,” John Leary, IT supervisor for WG&E, told at least 40 officials from towns still waiting for broadband access this week.

Read the full story here.

2018-04-10T12:33:46+00:00 Categories: Broadband Provider News|0 Comments

About the Author:

ZCorum provides a suite of broadband diagnostics and managed services to cable companies, telephone companies, utilities, and municipalities. As broadband providers face greater complexity and competition, ZCorum continues to help operators increase operational efficiency and reduce costs, while improving subscriber experience. This is achieved through ZCorum’s diagnostics solutions for DOCSIS, DSL and Fiber networks, plus managed services that include data and VoIP provisioning, residential and commercial VoIP service, branded email and Web hosting, along with 24x7 support for end-users. ZCorum is headquartered in Alpharetta, GA. For more information, please visit http://www.ZCorum.com.

Leave A Comment