Art was born and raised in Georgia and is a certified home-boy. He got involved in sales early on and honed his skills at Southern Company as Director of Sales and National Accounts Manager. Here at ZCorum, in addition to giving pep talks to the entire sales team, Art takes on the lion’s share of trade shows ZCorum attends and takes the show on the road internationally several times a year, (he’s inspired our own version of Where in the World is Waldo/Art).
Art is passionate about supporting, teaching and helping with the misunderstood epidemic of drug addiction among teens and young adults. He is a staunch supporter of No Longer Bound, a place of refuge and healing for men suffering from addiction.
But here’s why we love Art: straight from the horse’s mouth: “Humility, humility, humility… Day in and day out I am so humbled and honored that I have been given the privilege and opportunity to do what I do in business, with my teams and with my life.
Arthur Skinner’s Presentation Topics
When you multiply this effort across dozens of headends and thousands of subscribers, it’s easy to see why the biggest companies with the best IT departments have the advantages needed to keep their businesses thriving. Small and mid-sized operators don’t stand a chance operating the old way.
This session discussed the advantages of software-based diagnostics tools over traditional equipment. Key points will include:
- Business cases outlining how the tools have improved efficiency and the operator’s bottom line.
- Activities that are managed from central locations rather than at each customer’s home.
- How the latest innovations in broadband diagnostics are simplifying maintenance and support.
- Billing, diagnostics and provisioning, how they all work together.
- Centralized tools that can manage diagnostics for DOCSIS, DSL, FTTH and Wireless networks eliminating the need for multiple management setups.
This session covered why WiFi should be a major part of the smaller operator’s business strategy and the need for efficient management in order to optimize their Wi-Fi networks and monetize their investments.
Some questions to be covered:
What factors should smaller operators consider when deciding on a Wi-Fi strategy?
What benefits can smaller operators realize from deploying Wi-Fi?
What are the obstacles to overcome?
Art in Action
Jekyll Island Convention Center
Jekyll Island Georgia
March 29-31, 2020