GPON Provisioning and Activation
Network Performance and Availability
In response to the surge in demand for high bandwidth, GPON (Gigabit Passive Optical Network) has emerged as the most economical fiber option. Getting fiber to the customer allows higher data speeds, opens new business opportunities, and keeps subscribers happy. But GPON provisioning can be frustrating for you and your subscribers with multiple vendor issues and installation errors.
You can now simplify your provisioning and management processes with the FiberVU multi-vendor GPON management application. FiberVU solves the challenges of too-long installation times, multi-vendor CPE and installation quality.
Provisioning for Multiple Devices
FiberVU is compatible with multiple platforms, keeping you from being locked in to a specific vendor with your subscribers. Device settings are conveniently configured and integrated into the network. FiberVU will provision and manage subscriber and device information for large and small networks with ease, and can integrate to your CRM/OSS billing systems. FiberVU supports the following vendors and equipment:
- Huawei: 56xx, 58xx series
- ZTE: C3xx/C6xx
- DASAN (DZS) V-series: all
- Fiberhome: AN5516 series
- Calix: E7 series
- Nokia / Alcatel: 7360 series
- BDCOM: GP3600 series
- Eltex: LTP series and MA4000
- KT (Chengdu KT) GPON solutions
An OLT summary screen shows you all of your OLTs and their line cards, a total count of the ONTs for each card, and a count of the online and offline ONTs on that card. You can also drill-in to see the details for any OLT, including the number of online and offline devices on each port. A chart shows the breakdown of devices on the OLT by subscription package. You can also download a file with the detailed package information.
FiberVU supports remote management via any web browser or smart phone, various notifications methods, and multiple location monitoring.
On the TR069 page you can see detailed status information of different services, including all connected devices. You can see and change the WIFI SSID, and you can change the WiFi password.
On the map overview screen the system displays all registered devices, color coded so you can see offline and online devices. You can filter the displayed devices by package or device status. Each user can define their own center of the map as the default starting point when displaying the map overview. The map can be moved with the mouse, and the center point’s coordinates are automatically recalculated and displayed.
- Management of passive optical networks (PON)
- OLT and ONU administration, statistics, graphs
- Automatic IP address assignment to the terminal nodes
- PPPoE / DHCP support
- Measurement and display of the terminal node traffic
- Bandwidth control on the devices
- Easy network setup, display and management
- Gain access to network management system surface
- Device-independent Web-based application
- Device detection
- Targeted searching interface
- Simplified search results output
- Save time with easier provisioning and monitoring